samedi 28 février 2015

What type of error object is retuned from a http call if statusCode is not 200?

I am making http calls in meteor using the npm 'request' package.


I would like to know what type of error object is created when a response.statusCode is not equal to 200? Is this handled by the javascript engine and considered a runtime error?


Or if the statusCode is not equal to 200 is determined by the service provider whether they will create an error object or not?


If the latter, do I create a 'manual error', new Error('throwing my own error for the catch block to handle')



var request = function() {
// HTTP call to server
},
function (error, response, body) {
if (!error && response.statusCode === 200) {
// processed and created data object
return data
}
else {
return (error) ; // How can I ensure the catch(e) block in the try/catch method will catch the error with an addition of my own 'message'.
}
})
};

try {
request()
}
catch(e) {
console.log(e)
}


For my scenario, I would like to ensure the catch(e) block will grab this error and I would like to add my own message including the stack trace.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire