lundi 30 mars 2015

How to check DynamoDB Status while chaning Throughput of WriteUnits and wait for it to complete?

How can I wait for the DynamoDB active state?


I'd like to only upscale DynamoDB while no other process is scaling/updating the table up. Thus I was wondering how I can see whether any other process is scaling up an DynamoDB table?


According to the docs of dynamodb.waitFor Function I only can check for tableExists and tableNotExists status:



var params = {
TableName: 'STRING_VALUE' /* required */
};
dynamodb.waitFor('tableExists', params, function(err, data) {
if (err) console.log(err, err.stack); // an error occurred
else console.log(data); // successful response
});


However this only seems to have states of 'tableExists' and 'tableNotExists' but seems not to allow to check for 'active' and 'updating' states?


Background: I'm in an multi-worker environment there every worker tries to start an upscale in case write limits are reached. How this makes necessary to wait for any scalings/updates to be completed before reading the current provisioned throughputs from the table and start a new scaling action.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire